The expERIEnce Children’s Museum is a place that has been inspiring creativity and imagination in children for over twenty years. The museum is a non-profit organization located in the historic cultural district of downtown Erie whose entire mission is to provide a safe, family-centered educational experience that inspires creativity, exploration, and imagination through play, interactive exhibits, and innovative programming.
The museum is a place where children can race a boat, paint a painting, shop healthy, imagine a career, explore magnets and produce a play. Named Erie’s Choice for Museum in 2017 and the past 4 years and Erie’s Choice for the Best Place to have a Birthday Party in 2017, the museum welcomes over 60,000 guests annually. Three floors and a certified outdoor classroom including over 25 hands-on exhibits provide hours of fun for children ages 8 and under. In 2014 the museum partnered with Wegman’s Food Market to completely renovate the Kids Market to include a coffee bar, shopping carts, and functioning conveyor belt. The Kids Market is an absolute favorite of every guest to the museum. In 2016, Discovery Corner, the outdoor classroom, was certified by Nature Explore. It was recertified in 2017.
Mission Statement: To provide a safe, family-centered educational experience that inspires creativity, exploration and imagination through play, interactive exhibits and innovative programming.
To achieve this, we believe in:
- Creating powerful tools to enhance school readiness and enrichment of children ages birth – 8 years.
- Being a community resource for information focused on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math)
- Playing a role in Community Outreach to allow accessibility for all through strategic partnerships
- Creating an exciting experience where families can interact and learn together
Audited Financial Statements
- ECM 2016 Audited Financial Statement – View/Download PDF
- ECM 2015 Audited Financial Statement – View/Download PDF »
- ECM 2014 Audited Financial Statement – View/Download PDF »
- ECM 2013 Audited Financial Statement – View/Download PDF
Community Assessment Survey
- Community Assessment Survey – View/Download PDF