The expERIEnce Children’s Museum is a place that has been inspiring creativity and imagination in children for twenty years. The museum is a non-profit organization located in the historic cultural district of downtown Erie whose entire mission is to provide a safe, family-centered educational experience that inspires creativity, exploration, and imagination through play, interactive exhibits, and innovative programming.
The museum is a place where children can race a boat, paint a painting, shop healthy, imagine a career, explore magnets and produce a play. Named Erie’s Choice for Museum in 2013, the museum welcomes over 40,000 guests annually. Three floors including over 50 hands-on exhibits provide hours of fun for children between toddlers to 10 years of age. In 2014 the museum partnered with Wegman’s Food Market to completely renovate the Kids Market to include a coffee bar, shopping carts, and functioning conveyor belt. The Kids Market is an absolute favorite of every guest to the museum.
Mission Statement: To provide a safe, family-centered educational experience that inspires creativity, exploration and imagination through play, interactive exhibits and innovative programming.
To achieve this, we believe in:
- Creating powerful tools to enhance school readiness and enrichment of children ages birth – 8 years.
- Being a community resource for information focused on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math)
- Playing a role in Community Outreach to allow accessibility for all through strategic partnerships
- Creating an exciting experience where families can interact and learn together
Audited Financial Statements
- ECM 2015 Audited Financial Statement – View/Download PDF »
- ECM 2014 Audited Financial Statement – View/Download PDF »
- ECM 2013 Audited Financial Statement – View/Download PDF
- ECM 2014 990 – View/Download PDF »