Please review our visit and safety policies below before reserving tickets
Ticket Purchases and Reservations
- Museum admission is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Exhibits are subject to capacity limitations and are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Certain exhibits, programming, or activities may be modified, unavailable, or may have reduced capacity.
- All guests, including members, must reserve timed tickets in advance. Members may reserve their tickets with their Member ID number.
- Tickets are valid for your selected day and time.
- We ask that guests reserve only tickets they plan to use. Excessive bookings are subject to cancellation.
- Valid ID is required at admission for certain discounted tickets, including ACM, ASTC, EBT, military, and senior tickets. Please bring proof of eligibility and a photo ID when you arrive.
- If you need to reschedule your visit due to illness, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECM reserves the right to close select exhibits and/or areas of the museum for any reason without providing refunds or discounts.
- The museum does not accept expired coupons or passes.
- Promotional coupons or vouchers must be printed or in their original form for redemption, copies will not be accepted.
- Discount prices and coupons cannot be combined.
- ECM is not responsible for third-party sites hosting outdated information about the facility and will not accept discounts published without the museum’s permission.
- Please check our website for closure days, adjusted hours of operation for special events. You can find more information on operating hours, holidays and closures at www.eriechildrensmuseum.org
expERIEnce Children’s Museum Property Rules
- expERIEnce Children’s Museum (ECM) reserves the right to refuse service and/or access, onsite and online, to any individuals disregarding expERIEnce Children’s Museum policies or Museum guests, staff, exhibits, or property.
- All guests must comply with safety policies and staff instructions. We expect guests to respect Museum staff and other visitors. ECM will not tolerate inappropriate behavior or abusive, demeaning, foul, or harassing language. Failure to comply with these policies may result in immediate removal from Museum and/or revocation of membership without refund.
- No alcohol, smoking, tobacco or cannabis products of any kind are permitted on the Museum property. Use of electronic cigarettes is not permitted at ECM.
- Firearms, knives, or weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- ECM staff or authorized representatives may observe, take pictures and record video throughout the Museum to develop our designs and programs for visitors, as well as to share our findings with others. We may also use the photos for any purpose without compensation. Please advise us if you would prefer not to be photographed.
- The ECM property is monitored by security cameras.
- ECM is not responsible for loss or damage of belongings or property.
- We reserve the right to prohibit any guest activity that we determine may be harmful or disruptive at any time.
Code of Conduct
The expERIEnce Children’s Museum seeks to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all guests, where everyone is free to create, explore, and imagine through a hands-on play experience! We provide a safe and welcoming space for staff and guests to play and learn together. We expect our staff, volunteers, vendors, and guests to act with responsibility and integrity during their time here at the museum, and to contribute to building a space where everyone is invited to play.
We ask our visitors to agree to the following code of conduct:
- Be kind – Share the space by being respectful and courteous to others around you. Please do not touch or verbally reprimand a child from another family.
- Watch your children – Provide adult supervision to your children at all times during your visit.
- Treat things well – Use equipment and exhibits safely and appropriately so that all museum guests can enjoy them.
- Assume good intentions – Model positive behaviors and understand that sometimes another child’s play may unintentionally interfere with your child’s play.
- We are here to help! – Contact ECM staff immediately with any questions, needs, or concerns.
All guests must comply with safety policies and staff instructions. We expect guests to respect ECM staff and other visitors. The expERIEnce Children’s Museum will not tolerate inappropriate behavior or abusive, demeaning, foul, or harassing language. Failure to comply with these policies may result in immediate removal from property and/or revocation of membership without refund.
Behavior – The following behaviors are prohibited In the Museum
- Offensive, abusive, threatening or violent language or behavior
- Wearing or otherwise displaying profane, obscene or injurious language, texts or graphics
- Unauthorized distribution of pamphlets, other literature or third-party sales
- Possession, use and/or selling of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
- Possession of weapons of any kind
- Smoking, vaping, and using cannabis
- Pets, with the exception of service animals
General Liability Waiver
By visiting the expERIEnce Children’s Museum you agree to release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue expERIEnce Children’s Museum or its affiliated entities, directors, board members, employees, staff, members, volunteers, vendors, agents, representatives, attorneys, predecessors, successors and assigns (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss or damage, and any claim or demands, for any and all injuries incurred while visiting expERIEnce Children’s Museum or participating in any expERIEnce Children’s Museum activity, whether or not caused by the negligence of the Releasees. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless expERIEnce Children’s Museum and the Releasees against any and all claims, causes of action or lawsuits, for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by you or anyone on your behalf, including any attorneys’ fees or related costs or medical bills or costs which may arise related to your visit to expERIEnce Children’s Museum or participation in any expERIEnce Children’s Museum activity.
- expERIEnce Children’s Museum Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Memberships begin the day they are purchased and are valid for twelve months. Museum closures or holidays will not extend the duration of memberships.
- Memberships are designed for the named adults and number of admitted daily guests on their membership.
- Membership benefits are limited to the named adults and the number of guests allowed to visit daily.
- Expiration dates cannot be put on hold.
- Fees and benefits are subject to change without notice.
- Please submit a request for any changes to your account via email to email@example.com. Same day requests cannot be accommodated.
- Failure to follow the expERIEnce Children’s Museum’s policies or Code of Conduct may result in revocation of your membership without refund.
Membership Admission Policies
- Museum admission is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Member admission may be limited by available capacity.
- All guests, including members, must reserve timed tickets in advance. Members may reserve their tickets at eriechildrensmuseum.org using their Member ID number. One reservation per day.
- We ask that you only reserve tickets your household plans to use. Excessive bookings are subject to cancellation.
- Named member adults must present a valid photo ID when using their member benefits.
- At least one named member adult must be present for every member visit.
Membership Upgrades and Renewals
expERIEnce Children’s Museum memberships may be upgraded at any time before expiration by paying the difference in pricing levels.
Memberships may not be downgraded to a lower membership level.
ECM reserves the right to alter the membership program overtime. If membership levels or benefits change prior to your renewal, you may be offered a different membership level at renewal.
Reciprocal Program Policies
- The Association of Children’s Museums (ACM) Reciprocal Network is a voluntary network of ACM member museums that reciprocate discounted admission to one another’s members that hold premium family memberships. Present your valid museum membership card with the Reciprocal Network logo at any of the 200 participating museums to receive 50% off general admission for up to six (6) people including the cardholder. For a list of museums, please visit childrensmuseums.org
- The Association of Science Technology Centers (ASTC) Travel Passport Program is valid at participating ASTC reciprocal Science Centers and Museums, for up to four (4) guests.
- The Science Center or Museum must be located at least 90 miles away from the member museum (expERIEnce Children’s Museum), as well as the member’s residence, (distance based on linear radius, not driving distance).
- A valid and current ID, and Membership Card (physical or digital) from the participating Museum are required for entry into the expERIEnce Children’s Museum.
- Verify participation, as well as any exclusions with the Science Center or Museum you would like to visit ahead of time.
- Please visit astc.org/passport for a current list of participating venues.
- ASTC and ACM reciprocal benefits cannot be combined together or with other coupons for admission into the expERIEnce Children’s Museum; only one reciprocal admission benefit will be applied towards admission per visit. Valid ID and current membership card must be presented for entry. These benefits are only valid during regular operating hours, not valid for after-hours special event or special exhibitions.
- Registration closes one week prior to camp start date to allow us to prepare for the appropriate number of campers.
- Early registration is recommended as camps fill quickly.
Online registration is required and payable online only.
Should you find that you are unable attend a pre-registered camp, please call 814-453-3743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
No refunds/transfers will be available for cancelations made less than one week before the start date of the scheduled camp, with the exception of approved medical or family emergencies.
Due to low attendance, camps that have less than 10 registered participants may be canceled one week before the start date of the scheduled camp, and a refund will be issued.
Drop of and pick up takes place at the ExpERIEnce Children’s Museum at 420 French St. Erie, PA 16507.
Campers will travel to designated walkable downtown sites within a one block radius – all locations will be noted in individual camp descriptions and will be disclosed to parents prior to the camp start date.
Drop-off and pick-up procedures
- Full day camps run daily from 9:00am – 4:00pm.
- Half day camps run from 9:00am – 12:30pm.
- Drop off is between the hours of 8:30am-9:00am for 9:00 start time.
- Pick-up is between the hours of 12:30pm-1:00pm for 12:30 end time and 4:00pm-4:30pm for 4:00pm end time.
- Late arrivals and early pick-ups must be pre-arranged with museum staff as it can disrupt the flow of camp.
- Children must be both signed in and out daily by the designated pick up person(s) listed on the required Summer Camp Release Form.
- Avalid photo-ID must be presented at the time of pick up – no exceptions.
- The ExpERIEnce Children’s Museum reserves the right to assess a late pick-up of $2 per minute beyond camp hours.
All campers are expected to practice safe, responsible, and respectful behaviors to not only themselves, but their peers and all camp staff as well. Disruptive behaviors will be addressed as follows:
- Verbal warning and discussion with student
- Parent/caregiver discussion
- Removal from camp
Camp appropriate clothing is suggested and should include:
- Closed toed shoes
- Play clothes
- Pre-applied sunscreen
Lunch and snack times
- Each camp day includes a 15 minute snack time as well as a 30 minute lunch break.
- Snacks and lunch are not provided by the museum and should be brought daily.
- Water bottles are always permitted and encouraged.
Each camp is led by a minimum of two paid staff.
All staff and volunteers hold required clearances and attend training in preparation.
Each day consists of a routine schedule that includes but is not limited to story time, STEAM based activities, games, center exploration, and museum free play.
Special health considerations
Our camps are all inclusive. If your child requires special attention due to a behavioral, cognitive or physical need, please include any pertinent information on the required Summer Camp Release Form so we can best accommodate. Therapeutic Support Staff, aides, and nurses are welcome.
The museum is not authorized to distribute daily medications – appropriate arrangements must be made should your child require medication administration.
All camp attendees must fill out the online Summer Camp Release Form prior to attending their first camp day.
- expERIEnce Children’s Museum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational and cultural institution, tax ID# 25-1693861
- To receive a letter about your donation for tax purposed, please email Kelly at email@example.com
expERIEnce Children’s Museum Store Policies
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in the store.
- Please ask staff for help looking at an item on high shelves or inside the packaging. Do not climb on displays or open merchandise packaging.
- We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after purchasing your item to return it. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return it within 30 days for a refund of the purchase price.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, and in its original packaging. You will also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
- Gift merchandise accompanied by a valid gift receipt may be returned for store credit only.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on clearance items or gift cards.
- Please contact us for any return questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- expERIEnce Children’s Museum gift cards purchased prior to June 2023 can be used toward admission tickets, museum memberships, classes/camps, special event tickets, rentals and gift shop purchases but cannot be redeemed online.
- expERIEnce Children’s Museum gift cards purchased after June 2023 can be used toward admission tickets, museum memberships, classes/camps, special event tickets, rentals and gift shop purchases and can be redeemed in person or online.
- Gift cards are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash.
- There is no cash back from redeemed gift cards or vouchers.
- This gift card is only valid at the expERIEnce Children’s Museum.